Wednesday 1 May 2013

Tiers of Truths Exhibition Sliema


The Girl In The Red Coat
Rupert Cefai
mixed media on canvas
90cmx90cm

We see colour ,tone and shape
I like this painting, overall it looks blurry and washed away but by doing that the artist made focus on the main subject 'the girl in the red coat', I like the cloudy image I think it is a very cool modern paining.



The Little Rascals
Rupert Cefai
Mixed Media
90x90cm

We see colour,shape and  repetition.
I like this painting, the repetition is in the background looks like a zebra crossing, the patchy painting gives a interesting effect and the focus is on the main subjects the 3 boys.



Ridi Pagliaccio

Rupert Cefai
Mixed Media
90x90cm

We see line, colour and shape.
Not my favourite of painting by this artist it feel cold, sad and gloomy.





Alice ?


Rupert Cefai
Mixed Media
90x90cm

We see curved lines, colour and shape
I do like this painting but it still gives of a sad vibe, the girl seems lost and the other rabbit characters seem to be all over the place very busy.

I am interested to try this washed painting technique myself.














No comments:

Post a Comment